SAFETY IS NO ACCIDENT
WE FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT NO INJURY IS ACCEPTABLE AND WORKING UNSAFELY IS NOT AN OPTION
Globally, the construction industry is recognized as one of the most hazardous work environments. The goal is to conduct operations without harming those directly and indirectly involved with its activities. 1888 Industrial Services implemented a strategic plan that aimed to deliver a consistent zero recordable incident performance and a global lost time accident rate of zero per million man hours.
To achieve our safety goals, we adopted rigorous safety standards, requiring all new hires to go through safety training, delivering weekly safety classroom training and education to both employees and contractors, and incorporating safety into the production process.
As part of our construction management services, we provide our clients with our Zero Accident Program (ZAP) brand of safety.
Our commitment to ZAP is unmatched in the construction industry, going far beyond the standard safety program. It is not just the right choice; it’s the only choice.
It is a way of life and culture, which values the worth and total well-being of all individuals on our job site, and extends to their families. We believe that with this approach, we can positively influence everyone associated with 1888 Industrial Services.
Some key components of ZAP include:
- Employee Orientation
- Project Analysis
- Drug Testing
- Evacuation Planning and Drills
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Highly Developed Training Program
- Hot Work Permit Procedures
- Safety Inspections, Interviews, and Audits
- Confined Space Permit Procedure
- Environmental Monitoring
WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Conducting all of our activities in a manner that accounts for the impact on the safety and health of our workforce and communities.
- Preventing injuries and illnesses, and to the continual improvement of our safety and health management and performance.
- Evaluating and complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as other pertinent requirements at each location where we conduct business.
- Communicating this policy to all employees, making it available to the public, and establishing procedures to receive and respond to inquiries from external interested parties.
- Alerting affected individuals and authorities of any safety and health incidents in a timely and effective manner. Thorough investigations will be conducted, and corrective and preventative actions shall be implemented and monitored.
- Having Senior Management maintain and periodically review the implementation of the safety and health policy.